In honor of National Women’s Day (tomorrow!) and today’s DVD release of the first film with a female lead to top the annual box office (The Hunger Games: Catching Fire!), I’m hosting another giveaway. And it’s a good one!
Lionsgate teamed up with CoverGirl to create the “Capitol Collection.” It features nine beautiful Hunger Games inspired nail polish shades as well as one of my current obsessions: The Flamed Up Mega Curl Mascara. If you are a lucky winner of this giveaway, you’ll receive all of that. But wait, there’s more! Here’s what the prize entails:
- 1 Grand Prize Winner: 1 Beauty Bag (Flamed Up Mega Curl Mascara and 9 Capitol Collection sparkling shades nail polish) + The Hunger Games: Catching Fire Blu-ray Combo Pack
- 2 Runner-Ups: The Hunger Games: Catching Fire DVD
My friends over at CG just sent me this pic of the goods you’ll receive if you win! Get ready to embrace your inner Katniss.
Fun, right? See the Rafflecopter widget below to enter. And may the odds be ever in your favor.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
I’d say it’s about time for another giveaway, wouldn’t you?! This time, I’m giving away a one year supply (yes, you read that right!) of Gray Away AND a $100 Visa Gift Card. Whaaaat!
I am totally guilty of letting my hair grow out too long (which is ridiculous especially since I color my own hair), but sometimes it’s just hard to work in the time to get your hair done! Gray Away is an awesome quick fix when you can’t make it to the salon. (Also, your natural hair doesn’t have to be gray for you to use it. Works just as well with regular old roots!) It’s a temporary spray (washes out) that does not contain dyes, but uses mineral derived pigments.
It’s one of those great tools to keep in your beauty arsenal when you’re in a pinch. We all have our own stash of beauty secrets – go-to quick fixes, money saving tips or unexpected solutions to beauty problems. Some we share with our besties, some we keep to ourselves (or if you’re me, you tell everyone who will listen). In honor of those enterprising women and their creative solutions, Gray Away is inviting women around the nation to let down the veil of secrecy and share their best kept beauty tips.
So, here’s where you come in. I want you to submit your top beauty secret to me! Tweets are preferred, but I like comments and emails too. The most creative and unique tip will win the prize. See the rafflecopter widget below for other entry options. And good luck!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
I was first introduced to Luka Mineral Cosmetics when I attended the Luka Cosmetics Makeup & Lash Bar grand opening event last week. (Which was super fun and included lots of yummy pink cocktails that I will be blogging about soon!)
I scooped up a tube of the Luka lipstick in Brava while I was there and fell in LOVE. It is a beautiful, bright true red in a a smooth, creamy, long-lasting formula infused with Vitamin E and Jojoba. I’m wearing it in the photo above. This lipstick is legit – and delivers the perfect balance of hydration and color.
I was also very impressed with their collection of highly pigmented foundations and concealers. They all have cheeky names like “Pack Your Bags” for the concealer. Total added bonus.
For more information on the products, check out www.lukamineralcosmetics.com. If you live in my neck of the woods (SoFla represent), check out www.makeupandlashbar.com for deets on services offered at the new Palm Beach Gardens makeup studio. I plan to check it out again soon and give you all the full scoop, so stay tuned. I have a feeling this will not be the last you hear from me about Luka!
Happy day after the Oscars! I love today because everyone is buzzing about what went down last night… and who looked the best on Hollywood’s biggest night.
Well, we all know my favorite beauty look was this one:
But there were some other stunners that graced the red carpet. I got the scoop from their stylists and makeup artists on what products they used to get these winning looks. See below for the deets!
“We were inspired by classic, old Hollywood and wanted to give Cate a look that will be timeless,” said makeup artist Jeanine Lobell.
Here are the products she used:
- SK-II Facial Treatment Essence – Jeanine patted this into the skin before applying foundation to allow her to use a more lightweight foundation and to ensure it will stay put all night long.
- Giorgio Armani Sheer Blush #10 Beige – Jeanine applied this to the apples of Cate’s cheeks and feathered it out before applying a second coat to ensure she looked like she was glowing from within.
- Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill Eyeshadow Quad #2 Effeto Nudo – Jeanine used the warm taupe shade all over as a base; the deeper taupe on the lid and feathered it into the crease to open up the eye; the light brown was mixed with the deeper taupe and applied to the outer crease and center; and the darkest brown was wet and used as a liner
- Troy Surratt Lash Curler
- Lancôme Hypnôse Waterproof Custom Volume Mascara – After cutting a strip of false lashes and applying to the corner of the eye, Jeanine applied the mascara to the base of the lashes and pressed it in to give her real lashes a false effect.
- Makeup Forever Brow Gel
- Giorgio Armani Rouge Ecstasy Lipstick in #103 – Jeanine finished the look with this creamy, beige-y pink.
For a modern take on classic, makeup artist Matthew VanLeeuwen created a pearlescent, lilac eye and a sultry, plum lip to complement Naomi’s light pearl Calvin Klein Collection gown.
Here’s what he used to create the look:
- Matthew prepped Naomi’s skin with Giorgio Armani Crema Nera Extrema Serum
- Lancôme Le Correcteur Pro in 300 Bisque
- Giorgio Armani Maestro Cream Compact Foundation #4
- Giorgio Armani Sheer Blush #10
- Lancôme Color Design 5 Pan Eyeshadow Palette in Plum Splendor – Matthew applied the base shade all over, then layered the palest lilac on top, blending the beige and lilac shades to create a pale lid. He then dotted the dark plum liner in between each lash to add depth.
- Lancôme Le Crayon Khôl in Black Coffee
- Lancôme Cils Booster XL
- Lancôme Hypnôse Mascara
- Giorgio Armani #7 Smooth Silk Lip Pencil
- Giorgio Armani Rouge Ecstasy Lipstick in #502 Scarlatto
Giuliana Rancic and the creative team at FabFitFun know exactly what you’ll need to survive this spring!
Curated by the amazing lifestyle gurus at FFF, this spring’s VIP box includes this season’s must haves. It’s packed with the latest and greatest beauty, fashion, and wellness products to cover you for the upcoming spring music festivals and all of your spring break adventures too.
Although each box is a surprise, I have the scoop on two of the items in the spring box! See below for the reveal…
Cult Gaia Turbands
Cult Gaia is an off kilter, whimsical brand that celebrates the exploration of fantasy, fun, and everyone’s inner rebellious charm. These turbands are the perfect hair accessory! Just ask Rachel Zoe.
Kai Perfume Oil
Kai’s intoxicating perfume oil fragrance is made with essential oils in a convenient and easy to use roll-on vial.
For only 49.95, FFF VIP members will receive over $175 worth of products that are celebrity tested and approved. Click here to sign up for your spring survival kit and join the fun!
And speaking of FabFitFun, my first beauty column went live on the site yesterday. Check it out!
I probably quote the fictitious Carrie Bradshaw more than I quote any living person on my blog… So, you can imagine how stoked I was when I first heard word of the SJP shoe line. I’ve been counting down the days for ages and it’s finally here!
Launching exclusively at Nordstrom stores and Nordstrom.com , the SJP Collection is a new collection of shoes crafted by artisans in Italy, reflecting Sarah Jessica’s personal looks and feminine style. The line also features three styles of handbags in black, nude, navy, coral, pewter, green, and mauve. As an added bonus, the SJP Collection includes a stunning grosgrain-trimmed Manhattan trench coat in navy and khaki.
The shoe prices range from $195 to $485 and is made in Italy from high quality leathers and materials. Handbags will retail from $245 to $375 and the Manhattan trench retails for $495. There are a ton of styles to choose from. See below for my top five!
Carrie Pump in Nude
Fawn Pump in Teal
Etta Pump in Mauve
Diana Pump in Black
Maud Sandal in Multi Purple Green Rose
Anything that sounds like Cosmopolitan is ok in my book!
This set of ESQIDO false eyelashes is not just a cutesy name though – these babies mean business! Each lash is equipped with a sturdy, handcrafted cotton band. The high quality mink lashes feature flirty criss-cross strands that start at the inner corner of the eye. The strands gradually become more dense and finish with a long, sexy winged out effect at the outer corner of the eyes. The shape is really unique. They are super voluminous and flattering and I love love love them. High drama (the good kind) and really fun!
The best part? Unlike most disposable falsies, you can wear this kind up to 25 times.
I also like Esqido’s Little Black Lash set if you’re going for a more natural look. But let’s get real, I’d rather order up a Lashmopolitan. Cheers!