Is it just me or does Demi Moore look like she hasn’t aged in 20 years? Maybe it’s her makeup! 😉
Last night at the Screen Actors Guild Awards, presenter Demi Moore stunned in a vintage Zac Posen gown with a timeless makeup look created by celeb makeup artist (and creator of some of the best products ever) Charlotte Tilbury.
Tilbury said, “Demi and I wanted the makeup to match the elegance of the Zac Posen gown. I chose to go with my signature Dolce Vita eye look to enhance Demi’s amazing green eyes.”
I got the scoop on the steps she took to create Demi’s look:
To prep Demi’s skin and ensure a flawless canvas, Charlotte applied Magic Cream to the entire face and then Magic Eye Rescue to the eye area. Charlotte Tilbury Wonderglow was applied to create a flawless soft focus finish, which acted as the perfect base to the Charlotte Tilbury Magic Foundation in 6 Medium.
Charlotte applied Charlotte Tilbury Mini Miracle Eye Wand in Shade 2 underneath the eyes, then used The Retoucher Concealer in 3 Medium where needed and rid the skin of any unwanted oils with a dusting of Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Finish Skin Perfecting Micro-Powder in 3 Dark.
Next, Charlotte used Charlotte Tilbury Brow Lift in Cara D to perfect Demi’s brows and frame her face.
For the eyes, Charlotte applied her Luxury Palette in The Dolce Vita to make Demi’s green eyes sparkle, and then applied Charlotte Tilbury Rock ‘N’ Kohl in Barbarella Brown in a feline flick on the top lash line to elongate her beautiful lashes. The eyes were finished with Charlotte Tilbury Full Fat Lashes Mascara on top and bottom lashes.
Charlotte then used Hollywood favorite Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze & Glow in Light-Medium to highlight and add a subtle glow.
Charlotte applied Charlotte Tilbury Cheek to Chic Blusher onto the apples of Demi’s cheeks.
To complete the look, Charlotte lined Demi’s lips with Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat Lip Liner in Hollywood Honey and followed with Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Lipstick in Bond Girl.
Even though she’s not always a redhead, I feel the major unspoken redhead connection (it exists!) with actress Emma Stone. I also share her slightly awkward obsession with the Spice Girls. And I think she can seriously rock a red carpet.
She attended The Amazing Spider-Man 2 premiere last night in New York City wearing a Prada gown with a modernized 1970’s makeup look. Armed with Revlon and Chanel, celebrity makeup artist Rachel Goodwin created a soft eye and luminous skin paired with a bold berry lip.
“Overall we wanted to create a look that was very glamorous and modern but with a 1970’s twist,” Rachel said. “I definitely focused on luminous glowy skin and bold berry lips. The overall inspiration was heightened glamour, but still very classic.”
I loved it! Here are the products Rachel used for Emma’s red carpet look:
CHANEL Le Jour de Chanel, $85
CHANEL Perfection Lumiere Velvet, $45
REVLON PhotoReady Skinlights Face Illuminator in Bare Natural, $12.99
REVLON Cream Blush in Flushed, $12.99
REVLON ColorStay Eye Liner in Black Brown, $7.99
REVLON Bold Lacquer Length & Volume Mascara in Black, $7.99
CHANEL Crayon Sourcils Sculpting Eyebrow Pencil in Brun Naturel, $29
CHANEL Soft Touch Eyeshadow in Lotus and Taupe Grise, $29.50
REVLON ColorBurst Balm Stain in Adore, $8.99
REVLON Super Lustrous Lipgloss in Raisin Rage, $7.99
CHANEL Aqua Crayon Lip Colour Stick in Rosewood, $29
REVLON Nail Enamel in Divine, $4.99
Happy day after the Oscars! I love today because everyone is buzzing about what went down last night… and who looked the best on Hollywood’s biggest night.
Well, we all know my favorite beauty look was this one:
But there were some other stunners that graced the red carpet. I got the scoop from their stylists and makeup artists on what products they used to get these winning looks. See below for the deets!
“We were inspired by classic, old Hollywood and wanted to give Cate a look that will be timeless,” said makeup artist Jeanine Lobell.
Here are the products she used:
- SK-II Facial Treatment Essence – Jeanine patted this into the skin before applying foundation to allow her to use a more lightweight foundation and to ensure it will stay put all night long.
- Giorgio Armani Sheer Blush #10 Beige – Jeanine applied this to the apples of Cate’s cheeks and feathered it out before applying a second coat to ensure she looked like she was glowing from within.
- Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill Eyeshadow Quad #2 Effeto Nudo – Jeanine used the warm taupe shade all over as a base; the deeper taupe on the lid and feathered it into the crease to open up the eye; the light brown was mixed with the deeper taupe and applied to the outer crease and center; and the darkest brown was wet and used as a liner
- Troy Surratt Lash Curler
- Lancôme Hypnôse Waterproof Custom Volume Mascara – After cutting a strip of false lashes and applying to the corner of the eye, Jeanine applied the mascara to the base of the lashes and pressed it in to give her real lashes a false effect.
- Makeup Forever Brow Gel
- Giorgio Armani Rouge Ecstasy Lipstick in #103 – Jeanine finished the look with this creamy, beige-y pink.
For a modern take on classic, makeup artist Matthew VanLeeuwen created a pearlescent, lilac eye and a sultry, plum lip to complement Naomi’s light pearl Calvin Klein Collection gown.
Here’s what he used to create the look:
- Matthew prepped Naomi’s skin with Giorgio Armani Crema Nera Extrema Serum
- Lancôme Le Correcteur Pro in 300 Bisque
- Giorgio Armani Maestro Cream Compact Foundation #4
- Giorgio Armani Sheer Blush #10
- Lancôme Color Design 5 Pan Eyeshadow Palette in Plum Splendor – Matthew applied the base shade all over, then layered the palest lilac on top, blending the beige and lilac shades to create a pale lid. He then dotted the dark plum liner in between each lash to add depth.
- Lancôme Le Crayon Khôl in Black Coffee
- Lancôme Cils Booster XL
- Lancôme Hypnôse Mascara
- Giorgio Armani #7 Smooth Silk Lip Pencil
- Giorgio Armani Rouge Ecstasy Lipstick in #502 Scarlatto
On the Grammy’s Red Carpet last weekend, Katy Perry told Ryan Seacrest, “Everybody asks me, ‘Oh, when did you feel like you made it?’ And I was like, ‘Oh, when CoverGirl called me up and said, ‘Hey, do you want to be a CoverGirl?'”
Obviously, I loved hearing this, especially since it involves two of my favorite icons in the beauty industry – CoverGirl and Katy Perry. I think she is stunning and I totally wish I looked like her #IRL (in real life!). Since that’s not exactly possible, I’ll have to just use her killer fashion sense and fun beauty looks for inspiration.
I think she always looks awesome, whether she’s wearing a Kimono or a crazy Smurf dress, but the look that sticks out in my mind the most is the makeup she wore on the Grammy’s red carpet a few years back:
I love her “go big or go home” attitude that she embraces in her music and also in her daring fashion/beauty choices. This bold color palette made a definite statement. The hues are pulled from hints of the tones found in the iridescent rhinestones on her dress without being overtly matchy-matchy. I love to channel Katy’s red carpet beauty boldness regardless of the kind of event I’m going to. I really think it’s all in the way you carry yourself. If you own it, you can totally wear this color combo anywhere.
Here are the steps I took to get this look:
- I started by cleansing my hair with Pantene Pro-V’s Damage Detox Deep Cleanse Purifying Shampoo. It removes buildup from chemically treated hair to promote natural shine – exactly what I need to channel Katy’s shiny locks! I then blew my hair out and added a few soft curls with a curling iron.
- To prep my skin before makeup application I applied Olay Regenerist Luminous Tone Perfecting Cream. This moisturizing, perfecting cream instantly brightens and smoothes skin, while reducing the appearance of dark spots.
- To sculpt my cheekbones, I used CoverGirl Instant Cheekbones in Purely Plum. This compact contains three coordinated shades that make creating natural looking contour a snap.
- For the eyeshadow, I applied a thin layer of Ice Queen CoverGirl Bombshell Shineshadow all over my lid from lashline to brow bone. It multitasks as an eyeshadow primer while reflective pigments intensify the shimmer of the eyeshadows I layered over it. I used a sweep of CoverGirl’s Flamed Out Shadow Pot in Blazing Purple on the top lid, and the same shadow in Lime Light underneath my lower lash line.
- To really open up the eye and add drama, I used CoverGirl Bombshell Volume by LashBlast Mascara. This entirely new mascara experience, unlike any other two-step offering available, features a first-of-its-kind Boost System that has two brushes and two formulas for mega volume and dramatic intensity. Step one loads on the volume with a big brush and mega-volumizing formula to thicken lashes. Step two seals the look with a dark, smooth finish.
- To create a pink pout like Katy’s, I used CoverGirl lipstick in Bombshell Explosion topped with a swipe of CoverGirl Smoochies Lip Balm in C U L8 R, to give it a little bit of a frosted effect.
- Finally, I applied Secret Destinations Collection deodorant in Hawaii Citrus Breeze – my new favorite scent! It keeps me feeling (and smelling!) fabulous – especially at special events when I’m running around greeting a bunch of people!
[Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Procter & Gamble and Lucky Magazine, but all opinions and ideas are my own.