Is it just me or does Demi Moore look like she hasn’t aged in 20 years? Maybe it’s her makeup! 😉
Last night at the Screen Actors Guild Awards, presenter Demi Moore stunned in a vintage Zac Posen gown with a timeless makeup look created by celeb makeup artist (and creator of some of the best products ever) Charlotte Tilbury.
Tilbury said, “Demi and I wanted the makeup to match the elegance of the Zac Posen gown. I chose to go with my signature Dolce Vita eye look to enhance Demi’s amazing green eyes.”
I got the scoop on the steps she took to create Demi’s look:
To prep Demi’s skin and ensure a flawless canvas, Charlotte applied Magic Cream to the entire face and then Magic Eye Rescue to the eye area. Charlotte Tilbury Wonderglow was applied to create a flawless soft focus finish, which acted as the perfect base to the Charlotte Tilbury Magic Foundation in 6 Medium.
Charlotte applied Charlotte Tilbury Mini Miracle Eye Wand in Shade 2 underneath the eyes, then used The Retoucher Concealer in 3 Medium where needed and rid the skin of any unwanted oils with a dusting of Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Finish Skin Perfecting Micro-Powder in 3 Dark.
Next, Charlotte used Charlotte Tilbury Brow Lift in Cara D to perfect Demi’s brows and frame her face.
For the eyes, Charlotte applied her Luxury Palette in The Dolce Vita to make Demi’s green eyes sparkle, and then applied Charlotte Tilbury Rock ‘N’ Kohl in Barbarella Brown in a feline flick on the top lash line to elongate her beautiful lashes. The eyes were finished with Charlotte Tilbury Full Fat Lashes Mascara on top and bottom lashes.
Charlotte then used Hollywood favorite Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze & Glow in Light-Medium to highlight and add a subtle glow.
Charlotte applied Charlotte Tilbury Cheek to Chic Blusher onto the apples of Demi’s cheeks.
To complete the look, Charlotte lined Demi’s lips with Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat Lip Liner in Hollywood Honey and followed with Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Lipstick in Bond Girl.
Nicole Kidman is one half of the best hair couple in Hollywood.
She stole the red carpet at the 2015 Oscars last night with her gorgeous freshly chopped hair, swapping her long strawberry blonde locks for a more modern shoulder length bob.
Want to know the secret behind Nicole Kidman’s perfect blowout at the Oscars? I got the details on how Wella Professionals Celebrity Stylist, Italo Gregorio, created the perfect amount of movement and definition in her newly cropped locks.
Read on to find out how you can copy her look:
1. Start with freshly washed and conditioned hair using Wella Professionals Elements Renewing Shampoo and Daily Renewing Conditioner which helps hydrate, nourish and strengthen hair.
2. Add 1-2 pumps of Wella Professionals Velvet Amplifier Style Primer to damp hair and distribute evenly throughout the head.
3. Next, apply Wella Professionals Natural Volume Mousse to the entire head to create volume and body throughout the hair.
4. Apply 1-2 drops of Wella Professionals LuxeOil Reconstructive Elixir to the entire head to add shine throughout the hair.
5. Blow-dry the entire head section by section using a medium round brush.
6. Prep hair for heat styling with Wella Professionals Thermal Image Heat Protection Spray. Shake well and spray at arm’s length onto dry hair, distributing evenly throughout the head and flatiron section by section.
8. Distribute a dab of Wella Professionals Smooth Brilliance Shine Pomade onto your hands, gently working into the ends of the hair to smooth the tips and tame frizz.
8. Finish the look by misting Wella Professionals Stay Essential Finishing Spray all over the hair.
American Sniper star Sienna Miller stunned on the red carpet last night with a 1960s Audrey Hepburn-inspired makeup look created by the fabulous Charlotte Tilbury.
Together, Sienna Miller worked collaboratively with her long-time friend that she has proclaimed as being the “queen of the cat eye” to kick her glamorous look, driven by her Oscar de la Renta gown, into high gear.
I love love love Charlotte’s products, so I just had to know what she used to give Sienna that glow.
Want to know how to get the same look? I got the scoop:
- Charlotte Tilbury applied her Goddess Skin Clay Mask, a product that Charlotte says “is the key to shrinking pores and tightening the skin, leaving you with a perfectly dewy, plumped and revived red carpet glow.”
- Charlotte’s Magic Cream – Charlotte’s “secret to red carpet skin”- and Wonderglow were applied to hydrate the skin and create a soft-focus which is “amazing for HDTV.”
- Charlotte then applied Light Wonder Foundation in 6 Medium and 7 Medium, then the Retoucher Concealer in 2 Fair under the eyes and 3 Medium for the rest of Sienna’s face.
- Next, Airbrush Powder Flawless Finish Powder in 1 Fair and 2 Medium was applied only to the T-Zone to control shine while keeping from taking away from the dewiness on the rest of the skin.
- To enhance Sienna’s eyebrows, Charlotte used Brow Lift in Grace K and Cara D.
- Rock ‘N’ Kohl Eye Pencil in Bedroom Black and The Feline Flick Quick Fine Line Shodo Pen were used over the lash line to dramatically define the eyes.
- Using her Eye Smudger Brush and The Eyeshadow Luxury Palette in The Sophisticate, and Full Fat Lashes, Charlotte accentuated Sienna’s “winged” eyes, focusing on the crease and lash line areas.
- To enhance the cheekbones, Charlotte applied Filmstar Bronze & Glow with the Powder & Sculpt Brush, following the hollows of the cheeks and along the jaw line with the bronzer and applying the highlighter shade to the top of the cheekbones.
- To further accentuate Sienna’s features, Beach Sticks in Moonbeach and Ibiza were used to illuminate and sculpt.
- To prep the lips, Charlotte used Lip Love Lip Scrub and Lip Magic. Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat Lip Liner in Pillow Talk was applied to mimic the pigment of Sienna’s lips and filled in with K.I.S.S.I.N.G Lipstick in Bitch Perfect.
- For an all over glow, Charlotte applied Supermodel Body all over Sienna’s limbs.
On the Grammy’s Red Carpet last weekend, Katy Perry told Ryan Seacrest, “Everybody asks me, ‘Oh, when did you feel like you made it?’ And I was like, ‘Oh, when CoverGirl called me up and said, ‘Hey, do you want to be a CoverGirl?'”
Obviously, I loved hearing this, especially since it involves two of my favorite icons in the beauty industry – CoverGirl and Katy Perry. I think she is stunning and I totally wish I looked like her #IRL (in real life!). Since that’s not exactly possible, I’ll have to just use her killer fashion sense and fun beauty looks for inspiration.
I think she always looks awesome, whether she’s wearing a Kimono or a crazy Smurf dress, but the look that sticks out in my mind the most is the makeup she wore on the Grammy’s red carpet a few years back:
I love her “go big or go home” attitude that she embraces in her music and also in her daring fashion/beauty choices. This bold color palette made a definite statement. The hues are pulled from hints of the tones found in the iridescent rhinestones on her dress without being overtly matchy-matchy. I love to channel Katy’s red carpet beauty boldness regardless of the kind of event I’m going to. I really think it’s all in the way you carry yourself. If you own it, you can totally wear this color combo anywhere.
Here are the steps I took to get this look:
- I started by cleansing my hair with Pantene Pro-V’s Damage Detox Deep Cleanse Purifying Shampoo. It removes buildup from chemically treated hair to promote natural shine – exactly what I need to channel Katy’s shiny locks! I then blew my hair out and added a few soft curls with a curling iron.
- To prep my skin before makeup application I applied Olay Regenerist Luminous Tone Perfecting Cream. This moisturizing, perfecting cream instantly brightens and smoothes skin, while reducing the appearance of dark spots.
- To sculpt my cheekbones, I used CoverGirl Instant Cheekbones in Purely Plum. This compact contains three coordinated shades that make creating natural looking contour a snap.
- For the eyeshadow, I applied a thin layer of Ice Queen CoverGirl Bombshell Shineshadow all over my lid from lashline to brow bone. It multitasks as an eyeshadow primer while reflective pigments intensify the shimmer of the eyeshadows I layered over it. I used a sweep of CoverGirl’s Flamed Out Shadow Pot in Blazing Purple on the top lid, and the same shadow in Lime Light underneath my lower lash line.
- To really open up the eye and add drama, I used CoverGirl Bombshell Volume by LashBlast Mascara. This entirely new mascara experience, unlike any other two-step offering available, features a first-of-its-kind Boost System that has two brushes and two formulas for mega volume and dramatic intensity. Step one loads on the volume with a big brush and mega-volumizing formula to thicken lashes. Step two seals the look with a dark, smooth finish.
- To create a pink pout like Katy’s, I used CoverGirl lipstick in Bombshell Explosion topped with a swipe of CoverGirl Smoochies Lip Balm in C U L8 R, to give it a little bit of a frosted effect.
- Finally, I applied Secret Destinations Collection deodorant in Hawaii Citrus Breeze – my new favorite scent! It keeps me feeling (and smelling!) fabulous – especially at special events when I’m running around greeting a bunch of people!
[Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Procter & Gamble and Lucky Magazine, but all opinions and ideas are my own.