Nicole Kidman is one half of the best hair couple in Hollywood.
She stole the red carpet at the 2015 Oscars last night with her gorgeous freshly chopped hair, swapping her long strawberry blonde locks for a more modern shoulder length bob.
Want to know the secret behind Nicole Kidman’s perfect blowout at the Oscars? I got the details on how Wella Professionals Celebrity Stylist, Italo Gregorio, created the perfect amount of movement and definition in her newly cropped locks.
Read on to find out how you can copy her look:
1. Start with freshly washed and conditioned hair using Wella Professionals Elements Renewing Shampoo and Daily Renewing Conditioner which helps hydrate, nourish and strengthen hair.
2. Add 1-2 pumps of Wella Professionals Velvet Amplifier Style Primer to damp hair and distribute evenly throughout the head.
3. Next, apply Wella Professionals Natural Volume Mousse to the entire head to create volume and body throughout the hair.
4. Apply 1-2 drops of Wella Professionals LuxeOil Reconstructive Elixir to the entire head to add shine throughout the hair.
5. Blow-dry the entire head section by section using a medium round brush.
6. Prep hair for heat styling with Wella Professionals Thermal Image Heat Protection Spray. Shake well and spray at arm’s length onto dry hair, distributing evenly throughout the head and flatiron section by section.
8. Distribute a dab of Wella Professionals Smooth Brilliance Shine Pomade onto your hands, gently working into the ends of the hair to smooth the tips and tame frizz.
8. Finish the look by misting Wella Professionals Stay Essential Finishing Spray all over the hair.
American Sniper star Sienna Miller stunned on the red carpet last night with a 1960s Audrey Hepburn-inspired makeup look created by the fabulous Charlotte Tilbury.
Together, Sienna Miller worked collaboratively with her long-time friend that she has proclaimed as being the “queen of the cat eye” to kick her glamorous look, driven by her Oscar de la Renta gown, into high gear.
I love love love Charlotte’s products, so I just had to know what she used to give Sienna that glow.
Want to know how to get the same look? I got the scoop:
- Charlotte Tilbury applied her Goddess Skin Clay Mask, a product that Charlotte says “is the key to shrinking pores and tightening the skin, leaving you with a perfectly dewy, plumped and revived red carpet glow.”
- Charlotte’s Magic Cream – Charlotte’s “secret to red carpet skin”- and Wonderglow were applied to hydrate the skin and create a soft-focus which is “amazing for HDTV.”
- Charlotte then applied Light Wonder Foundation in 6 Medium and 7 Medium, then the Retoucher Concealer in 2 Fair under the eyes and 3 Medium for the rest of Sienna’s face.
- Next, Airbrush Powder Flawless Finish Powder in 1 Fair and 2 Medium was applied only to the T-Zone to control shine while keeping from taking away from the dewiness on the rest of the skin.
- To enhance Sienna’s eyebrows, Charlotte used Brow Lift in Grace K and Cara D.
- Rock ‘N’ Kohl Eye Pencil in Bedroom Black and The Feline Flick Quick Fine Line Shodo Pen were used over the lash line to dramatically define the eyes.
- Using her Eye Smudger Brush and The Eyeshadow Luxury Palette in The Sophisticate, and Full Fat Lashes, Charlotte accentuated Sienna’s “winged” eyes, focusing on the crease and lash line areas.
- To enhance the cheekbones, Charlotte applied Filmstar Bronze & Glow with the Powder & Sculpt Brush, following the hollows of the cheeks and along the jaw line with the bronzer and applying the highlighter shade to the top of the cheekbones.
- To further accentuate Sienna’s features, Beach Sticks in Moonbeach and Ibiza were used to illuminate and sculpt.
- To prep the lips, Charlotte used Lip Love Lip Scrub and Lip Magic. Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat Lip Liner in Pillow Talk was applied to mimic the pigment of Sienna’s lips and filled in with K.I.S.S.I.N.G Lipstick in Bitch Perfect.
- For an all over glow, Charlotte applied Supermodel Body all over Sienna’s limbs.
Happy day after the Oscars! I love today because everyone is buzzing about what went down last night… and who looked the best on Hollywood’s biggest night.
Well, we all know my favorite beauty look was this one:
But there were some other stunners that graced the red carpet. I got the scoop from their stylists and makeup artists on what products they used to get these winning looks. See below for the deets!
“We were inspired by classic, old Hollywood and wanted to give Cate a look that will be timeless,” said makeup artist Jeanine Lobell.
Here are the products she used:
- SK-II Facial Treatment Essence – Jeanine patted this into the skin before applying foundation to allow her to use a more lightweight foundation and to ensure it will stay put all night long.
- Giorgio Armani Sheer Blush #10 Beige – Jeanine applied this to the apples of Cate’s cheeks and feathered it out before applying a second coat to ensure she looked like she was glowing from within.
- Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill Eyeshadow Quad #2 Effeto Nudo – Jeanine used the warm taupe shade all over as a base; the deeper taupe on the lid and feathered it into the crease to open up the eye; the light brown was mixed with the deeper taupe and applied to the outer crease and center; and the darkest brown was wet and used as a liner
- Troy Surratt Lash Curler
- Lancôme Hypnôse Waterproof Custom Volume Mascara – After cutting a strip of false lashes and applying to the corner of the eye, Jeanine applied the mascara to the base of the lashes and pressed it in to give her real lashes a false effect.
- Makeup Forever Brow Gel
- Giorgio Armani Rouge Ecstasy Lipstick in #103 – Jeanine finished the look with this creamy, beige-y pink.
For a modern take on classic, makeup artist Matthew VanLeeuwen created a pearlescent, lilac eye and a sultry, plum lip to complement Naomi’s light pearl Calvin Klein Collection gown.
Here’s what he used to create the look:
- Matthew prepped Naomi’s skin with Giorgio Armani Crema Nera Extrema Serum
- Lancôme Le Correcteur Pro in 300 Bisque
- Giorgio Armani Maestro Cream Compact Foundation #4
- Giorgio Armani Sheer Blush #10
- Lancôme Color Design 5 Pan Eyeshadow Palette in Plum Splendor – Matthew applied the base shade all over, then layered the palest lilac on top, blending the beige and lilac shades to create a pale lid. He then dotted the dark plum liner in between each lash to add depth.
- Lancôme Le Crayon Khôl in Black Coffee
- Lancôme Cils Booster XL
- Lancôme Hypnôse Mascara
- Giorgio Armani #7 Smooth Silk Lip Pencil
- Giorgio Armani Rouge Ecstasy Lipstick in #502 Scarlatto