Sorry, it’s kind of a tradition now that I kick off all of my red carpet beauty roundups with a photo of Jared Leto. Couldn’t help it. 😉
Lots of stars shone on the MTV Movie Awards red carpet last night, but my favs were Jessica Alba’s hair and Lupita Nyong’o’s face. So. Pretty. As usual, I got the scoop on the products used to get both looks!
Not surprising, Lupita was all done up in Lancôme after recently announcing her status as an ambassadress (sweet gig, right?) for the brand.
Celebrity makeup artist Nick Barose gave the recently appointed ambassadress “sparkly, disco-inspired eyes” for the red carpet. Barose wanted to complement Nyong’o’s colorful dress with a silver metallic eye. Here are the products he used:
- Teint Idole Ultra 24H in 550 Suede
- Maquicomplet Concealer in Deep Suede
- Dual Finish Powder in 560 Suede
- Blush Subtil in Shimmer Tamarind
- Star Bronzer Palette from Lancôme’s Summer 2014 Collection
- Color Design Infinité 24H in Unlimited Silver
- Color Design Eye Shadow in All That Glitters
- Artliner 24H Eyeliner in Black Diamond
- Hypnôse Custom Volume Mascara in Deep Black
Now, let’s get to Jessica Alba’s hair! Here’s how it looked last night:
Celebrity hairstylist Davey Newkirk gave Jessica some glossy, simple loose waves for the 2014 MTV Movie awards. Very playful and total modern Hollywood glam.
Here are the steps he used to create the look:
- Newkirk started by applying John Frieda Luxurious Volume Fine to Full Blow-Out Spray all over Jessica’s wet hair.Then he blew out her hair using a large round brush to give her tons of volume and a lot of shine.
- After blow drying, Newkirk parted her hair into 2 inch sections (starting from the nape and working up).
- Then he curled the hair with a large 1 ½ inch curling iron. He made sure to secure each section with a duckbill clip and allowed each curl to set.
- Once curls were set, he removed the hair clips and with a flat brush, gently brushed out each curl.
- Newkirk placed a small amount of John Frieda Frizz Ease Secret Weapon Touch-Up Crème and smoothed it through Jessica’s hair to achieve a perfectly smooth look.
- After, with a large comb, he parted the hair and smoothed it down with a touch of John Frieda Frizz Ease Clearly Defined Gel.
- Finally he manipulated Jessica’s curls with his finger and a brush. To finish and lock the style he sprayed John Frieda Luxurious Volume All-Day Hold Hairspray.