Happy New York Fashion Week, beauties! The Spring/Summer 2016 shows are in full swing and I am obsessing over the beauty looks I’ve seen coming down the runways so far.
One of my fav nail art looks was spotted backstage at Nicole Miller’s SS16 show on Friday where butter LONDON’s lead manicurist, Katie Jane Hughes, created a fashion-forward nail design that perfectly complemented the fun, edgy collection.
“I created this bold nail look to play off of the street art inspired clothing in the collection. Black nails and edgy details are going to be a trend for spring. Spring beauty this season isn’t about playing by the rules,” Katie said.
The graphic, splatter-effect nail art featured a pop of color that mimics the bold street art and graffiti patterns found throughout the collection. These nail art designs complemented the poppy brights and graffiti prints of Nicole Miller’s “Street Sweet” collection perfectly.
Want to get the look? I got the scoop from Katie on how she did it:
Step 1: Apply two coats Nail Lacquer in Cotton Buds.
Step 2: Dip a bobby pin into Nail Lacquer in Union Jack Black. Position the bobby pin over the nail and blow through the middle to create a splatter effect on each nail.
Step 3: With a new bobby pin, repeat the process with Nail Lacquer in Easy Peasy (a new shade launching in April ‘16!) on various nails on both hands.
Step 4: Lastly, apply one coat of Hardwear P.D. Quick Topcoat to create a high-shine finish.
So fun, right? Stay tuned for more beauty scoop from NYFW coming up soon!
American Sniper star Sienna Miller stunned on the red carpet last night with a 1960s Audrey Hepburn-inspired makeup look created by the fabulous Charlotte Tilbury.
Together, Sienna Miller worked collaboratively with her long-time friend that she has proclaimed as being the “queen of the cat eye” to kick her glamorous look, driven by her Oscar de la Renta gown, into high gear.
I love love love Charlotte’s products, so I just had to know what she used to give Sienna that glow.
Want to know how to get the same look? I got the scoop:
- Charlotte Tilbury applied her Goddess Skin Clay Mask, a product that Charlotte says “is the key to shrinking pores and tightening the skin, leaving you with a perfectly dewy, plumped and revived red carpet glow.”
- Charlotte’s Magic Cream – Charlotte’s “secret to red carpet skin”- and Wonderglow were applied to hydrate the skin and create a soft-focus which is “amazing for HDTV.”
- Charlotte then applied Light Wonder Foundation in 6 Medium and 7 Medium, then the Retoucher Concealer in 2 Fair under the eyes and 3 Medium for the rest of Sienna’s face.
- Next, Airbrush Powder Flawless Finish Powder in 1 Fair and 2 Medium was applied only to the T-Zone to control shine while keeping from taking away from the dewiness on the rest of the skin.
- To enhance Sienna’s eyebrows, Charlotte used Brow Lift in Grace K and Cara D.
- Rock ‘N’ Kohl Eye Pencil in Bedroom Black and The Feline Flick Quick Fine Line Shodo Pen were used over the lash line to dramatically define the eyes.
- Using her Eye Smudger Brush and The Eyeshadow Luxury Palette in The Sophisticate, and Full Fat Lashes, Charlotte accentuated Sienna’s “winged” eyes, focusing on the crease and lash line areas.
- To enhance the cheekbones, Charlotte applied Filmstar Bronze & Glow with the Powder & Sculpt Brush, following the hollows of the cheeks and along the jaw line with the bronzer and applying the highlighter shade to the top of the cheekbones.
- To further accentuate Sienna’s features, Beach Sticks in Moonbeach and Ibiza were used to illuminate and sculpt.
- To prep the lips, Charlotte used Lip Love Lip Scrub and Lip Magic. Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat Lip Liner in Pillow Talk was applied to mimic the pigment of Sienna’s lips and filled in with K.I.S.S.I.N.G Lipstick in Bitch Perfect.
- For an all over glow, Charlotte applied Supermodel Body all over Sienna’s limbs.