Even though she’s not always a redhead, I feel the major unspoken redhead connection (it exists!) with actress Emma Stone. I also share her slightly awkward obsession with the Spice Girls. And I think she can seriously rock a red carpet.
She attended The Amazing Spider-Man 2 premiere last night in New York City wearing a Prada gown with a modernized 1970’s makeup look. Armed with Revlon and Chanel, celebrity makeup artist Rachel Goodwin created a soft eye and luminous skin paired with a bold berry lip.
“Overall we wanted to create a look that was very glamorous and modern but with a 1970’s twist,” Rachel said. “I definitely focused on luminous glowy skin and bold berry lips. The overall inspiration was heightened glamour, but still very classic.”
I loved it! Here are the products Rachel used for Emma’s red carpet look:
CHANEL Le Jour de Chanel, $85
CHANEL Perfection Lumiere Velvet, $45
REVLON PhotoReady Skinlights Face Illuminator in Bare Natural, $12.99
REVLON Cream Blush in Flushed, $12.99
REVLON ColorStay Eye Liner in Black Brown, $7.99
REVLON Bold Lacquer Length & Volume Mascara in Black, $7.99
CHANEL Crayon Sourcils Sculpting Eyebrow Pencil in Brun Naturel, $29
CHANEL Soft Touch Eyeshadow in Lotus and Taupe Grise, $29.50
REVLON ColorBurst Balm Stain in Adore, $8.99
REVLON Super Lustrous Lipgloss in Raisin Rage, $7.99
CHANEL Aqua Crayon Lip Colour Stick in Rosewood, $29
REVLON Nail Enamel in Divine, $4.99
Revlon is one of my absolute favorite brands for affordable beauty. Thanks to Allure’s Beauty Blogger Awards, I have a gigantic train case stuffed with only Revlon products (thanks, Allure!). With the launch of Revlon’s Evening Opulence Collection, I think I’m going to need a bigger train case.
The much-anticipated Fall/Winter 2013 color collection is a celebration of makeup, bringing together a dazzling palette of rich purples, feminine violets and emeralds for the eyes, glistening plums and fuchsias for the lips, and graphites and matte sparkles for the ultimate nail jewels.
Gucci Westman (fierce makeup artist, Revlon Global Artistic Director, and also one of the judges from the BBA) designed the collection and also made up the faces of the ad campaign… which is equally fierce. Olivia Wilde and Emma Stone look stunning and wear the product well! And if you somehow missed the memo, Olivia, Emma, and I are practically besties because we’re all hanging out in the pages of Allure this month. 😉
“I pictured a luxurious and polished woman, who looks to makeup to accessorize and enhance her look using bursts of color,” said Westman of her collection inspiration. “She is sensual, sexy and smart; modern, yet a little over-the-top. She makes each look her own, and her style is timeless.”
Here’s a breakdown of the new collection:
- Revlon ColorBurst Lipgloss, offering bold color with 5 times more shine than patent leather. Available in three new shades: Embellished, Bejeweled and Adorned. $7.49
- Revlon PhotoReady Kajal Intense Eye Liner + Brightener a dual-ended creamy Kajal liner with two contrasting shades. One new shade: Carbon Cleopatra. $8.99
- Revlon Nail Enamel in four trend-led shades that deliver smooth, chip-resistant color. Available in four new shades: Divine, Elusive, Rich and Seductive. $4.99
- Revlon PhotoReady Primer, Shadow + Sparkle allowing you to create limitless looks in one gorgeous palette. If you read Allure, you know this is my favorite Revlon product! It includes a primer, 3 pigmented shadows and a sparkle top coat for a bit of drama. Available in one new shade: Muse. $9.99
- Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter subtle shimmer plus a hydrating formula of mango, shea and coconut butter give lips sheer color and a buttery shine. Available in two limited edition shades: Invite Only and Provocative. $7.49