It’s no secret that Kim Kardashian (and her trendsetting, always-on-point makeup artist Mario Dedivanovic) basically own the beauty space.
Preggo Kim stunned on the red carpet yet again last night at the first-ever InStyle Awards, which honored the actors, designers, and artists who define the red carpet trends. Kim was on hand to present the Makeup Artist of the Year Award to the amazing Charlotte Tilbury (also part owner of the beauty space).
Kim was also wearing Charlotte on her face, in the form of a glowing bronze look to complement her white Valentino gown. No surprise – the look was expertly applied by Mario. Here’s how he created it:
Voila! Instant Kardashian.
Apparently yellow is the new black! (Sorry, couldn’t help myself.)
Tonight at the Emmys, Orange Is The New Black star Taylor Schilling stunned on the red carpet in a yellow Stella McCartney dress. Her fresh frock called for a modern bohemian glamour look created by makeup artist Hung Vanngo.
Here are a few key steps that makeup artist Hung Vanngo used to create the look:
- Charlotte Tilbury Goddess Skin Clay Mask was used to on the face and neck for 10 minutes to prep the skin by tightening and smoothing the skin while giving it extra radiance.
- Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream was used generously on Taylor’s face and neck for the perfect amount of moisture. “The Magic Cream was also an excellent primer for the makeup.” Hung said.
- Vanngo prepped Taylor’s eyes with the Charlotte Tilbury Mini Miracle Eye Wand (launching on CharlotteTilbury.com tomorrow) by using the wand around the eyes to give a lively and bright look.
- Vanngo then applied a sheer layer of Charlotte Tilbury Wonderglow all over the face, avoiding the t-zone area to give Taylor an extra dewy glow.
- Charlotte Tilbury Light Wonder Youth-Boosting Perfect Skin Foundation in Shade 3 was used to even out Taylor’s complexion.
- Vanngo then used Charlotte Tilbury The Retoucher in Shade 2 for under the eyes areas, around the nose and to cover a few minor imperfections.
- Vanngo used Charlotte Tilbury Brow Lift to fill in and define the shape. “Taylor likes her brows full and well-groomed.” Hung explained.
- Vanngo used CK One Color 100 Neutrals Redefined Powder Eyeshadow Palette on Taylor’s eyelids. First, the shade “Honest” was applied all over the upper and lower eye lids. Then, using shade “Impulsive” with a shading brush to apply mainly on the crease area to create depth to her eyes. He also used an eye liner brush, drawing a thin soft line with shade “Heartless” along her upper lash lines to define the eyes more.
- Vanngo used two coats of Charlotte Tilbury Full Fat Lashes on the upper lashes and one coat on the lower lashes.
- Vanngo used Charlotte Tilbury Cheek to Chic Swish & Pop Blush in Sex on Fire to bring out Taylor’s beautiful cheek bones, then he added the Charlotte Tilbury X Norman Parkinson Dreamy Glow Highlighter on top of the cheekbones, top of nose and the forehead. Hung loved using the Charlotte Tilbury X Norman Parkinson Dreamy Glow Highlighter and described the texture as “creamy and beautiful,” especially on Taylor’s complexion.
- Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze & Glow was also applied with a large brush to give more dimension on Taylor’s face by shading around her jawline and forehead.
- For lips, Vanngo used Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution in 1975 Red, which is a beautiful coral red shade and added dimension to Taylor’s lips. Hung said, “We loved taking a classic idea for lips and making it modern.”
- Before he applied the lipstick, he prepped her lips with Charlotte Tilbury Lip Magic, then lined her lips with Lip Cheat Pencil in Kiss ‘N’ Tell for the perfect pout.
- To finish Taylor’s face, Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Finish Powder in Shade #2 Medium was applied only to Taylor’s t-zone, which worked great for the red carpet because of how finely milled the powder is.
- Finally, since Taylor showed some skin, Vanngo used Charlotte Tilbury Supermodel Body all over Taylor’s limbs to give her a gorgeous, sultry glow. The Supermodel Body really made Taylor’s skin shimmer with a bronze contoured glow on the red carpet.
Once the look was complete, Hung said, “Taylor looked absolutely beautiful!”
I totally agree. Piper cleans up well!