Happy Cinco de Mayo, lovelies!
As we all know, I love any excuse to infuse alcohol into my life, whether it be in my beauty regimen (don’t knock vodka as a toner until you’ve tried it!) or in a cupcake. Today, it’s in a cupcake. Read on for an amazingly delicious recipe featuring one of my fav beers – Corona! It’s perfect for a day like this. 😉
- ¾ cups of unsalted butter at room temp
- 1-3/4 cups of sugar
- 2-1/2 cups of flour
- 2 tsp of baking soda
- ½ tsp of salt
- 3 eggs at room temp
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- ½ tsp of lime zest
- 1 cup of Corona beer
- ¼ cup of milk
- 1 Bottle of Corona beer
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 Sticks of unsalted butter at room temp
- Juice of 1 squeezed lime
- Zest of the same lime
- 4 cups of powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line 24 muffin tins with cupcake liners.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add eggs, beating after each addition then add the vanilla and zest.
- Combine milk and beer and alternatively add this mixture and the flour mixture to the butter/sugar mixture with the mixer on low speed, starting and ending with the flour.
- Fill the cupcake liners 2/3 full and bake for 18 minutes, or until cake tester comes out clean.
- Put beer in a sauce pan and bring to a boil, add sugar ½ cup at a time and whisk. Let it boil for 5 min. and let it sit
- When cupcakes are done, poke holes in the tops of the cupcakes with toothpicks and brush some glaze on each while still warm. (Feel free to add a lot!)
- Cream the sticks of butter in a mixing bowl with an electric mixer (2 to 3 min).
- Add lime zest and juice, mix well and begin to add sugar one cup at a time until fluffy.
- Load a piping bag fit with a star tip and frost the cooled cupcakes. Garnish with thin lime wedges.