Happy summer, lovelies!
Every year around this time I’ve made it a tradition to celebrate the season by attending the Coney Island Mermaid Parade. The 34th annual parade went down on Saturday and I had an absolute blast!
This time around, I sported a comfort-chic mermaid look rather than going full mermaid with a full costume tail, wig and the whole nine yards.
Even though I wasn’t in full garb like many other merfolk, I got a ton of compliments on my mer-OOTD – especially my shoes!
I wore my new Teva Original Universal Iridescent sandals in Deep Teal. Featuring reflective materials and a cool flash of color (like a mermaid tail!), these party-ready shoes take a classic style into new realms of glam. They were soooo comfy as I was running around the boardwalk (and in the sand) all day. I can already tell that these babies are going to be my go-to summer sandal this season!
To complete my outfit, I scooped up both my fun mermaid scale leggings and “Part Time Mermaid” tank on Amazon. Highly recommended for anyone who loves to live the #mermaidlife!
Is there anything more fun than shopping for summer?
My friends at People StyleWatch mag invited me on a blogger shopping trip to the amazing Tanger Outlets on Long Island last weekend. They didn’t have to ask me twice!
A bunch of my fav fellow bloggers and I all received a $250 Tanger Outlets gift card and a challenge to put together a summer look with our #TangerFinds!
Spoiler alert: I ended up falling in love with a summer-perfect clutch, crab coin purse, and white retro sunnies at Kate Spade. I mean… you can’t properly complete an outfit without the accessories, right?
We all had such a blast! Watch below to see all the fun that went down that day:
In case you missed it, I got to play hair model for Christian Siriano’s NYFW hair test last week! I got an exclusive sneak peek at the look in real time when hair designer Anthony Cole taught the Sebastian Professional Top Artist team how to create this epic look using my hair.
Christian Siriano’s FW’16 collection credits artist Sheila Hicks’ “Art of the Yarn” exhibit as inspiration. The designer became inspired by the different techniques of knitting and weaving in fabrications.
Following Christian’s inspiration, Anthony mirrored his vision with a unique braided look, creating an androgynous style with a touch of softness.
“I wanted the style to emulate Christian’s collection and vision. We added the androgynous feel with the hard part, but kept the look soft using braids. The back is feminine, keeping the softness throughout the style,” Anthony said.
Here’s how he did it:
- On damp hair, mist Sebastian Trilliant, then apply Sebastian Mousse Forte; blow dry clean and straight.
- Take an off-centered section starting from half inch to 1 inch past the crown of the head and tuck it away. On the left side, starting from the temple, take a diagonal section all the way from the temple to the nape of the neck and tuck away.
- Brush the remaining hair into a side part and put into a temporary ponytail while creating your 2-strand braid at the part and at the temple using Sebastian Eruptek.
- Fasten both braids at the bottom, leaving them loose.
- Remove temporary ponytail and brush hair, as if you would pony everything together (including the 2 braids). Then take 4-strand sections making a woven 4-strand braid all the way through and fasten at the bottom.
- Rub Sebastian Eruptek onto the braid and open it up and achieve explosive texture and expansive volume in the look. Make the braid flat and wide to give it a woven, dry look. Finish with Sebastian Zero-Gravity and over lay Sebastian Shine Shaker for a soft shine.
And here’s the finished look in action on the runway!
Procrastinating on your NYE outfit? Never fear! There is still time to shop Rent the Runway in time for the big night! And now is the perfect time since RTR is featuring $20.16 pricing on dozens of styles right now! Once a year they discount select dresses to help make your New Year’s Eve look as dazzling as possible. From sparkly jackets and glittery gems to slinky dresses and tailored tops, you’ll find so many fun styles — all priced at $20.16!
Whether you’re attending a close-knit cocktail party with friends or a blow-out bash with hundreds of strangers, here are a few looks that will definitely ensure you stand out on New Year’s Eve like the fabulous fashionista you are:
Carmen Marc Valvo Botanical Berry Dress
Halston Heritage Little Black Jumpsuit
Rebecca Taylor Off Cobalt Dress
You still have time to shop these and more to reserve your New Year’s look. But you’ll definitely want to hurry. These styles sell out fast! And remember, new customers get 20% off their first rental when they use the code FIRSTRTR20P at checkout. Happy renting!