Fun hair news alert! Michael Dueñas, celeb hair expert and founder of Hair Room Service, launched his own YouTube Series today. After high demand from Michael’s Instagram fans requesting to learn how he creates styles for celebs like Shailene Woodley, Cara Delevingne, Lea Michele, and Mariah Carey, he brings his talent in front of the camera.
The series will feature weekly hair tutorials of the latest red carpet trends, kicking off with the popular look he created on Gotham‘s Erin Richards – the Heart Shaped Fishtail Bun. The style itself is adorable and Michael displays how to effortlessly whip up this unique style so quickly in this video! Read on for step-by-step instructions and take a peek at the video to see his work in action.
- Start with smooth dry hair.
- Secure the hair into a low tight ponytail. Texture can be pulled into the top and sides later.
- Create a fishtail braid (refer to fishtail braid tutorial in my video) and secure the end of the braid with a small elastic.
- Spray the braid with R+Co Outer Space Flexible Hold hairspray, to smooth flyaway and add longevity to the style.
- Fold the base of the braid up against the head, securing with a 3 inch hair pin just above the elastic of your ponytail.
- Spread the top part of the braid out for width and to emphasize the heart shape, making sure to keep the end of the braid small.
- Fold the braid flat against the head, tucking the ends under themselves to hide them.
- Pin to the head so it is flat as possible, and shape as desired.