The Makeup Show Orlando in 2012 was actually the first event of its kind that I ever covered for Martinis and Mascara, so TMS truly holds a special place in my heart. That’s why I’m especially thrilled to share the news of their 10 Year Anniversary festivities!
To celebrate a decade’s worth of artistry, education, and community, The Makeup Show will hold the first ever The Makeup Show Week in NYC. The event kicks off Wednesday with killer activities for makeup enthusiasts and experienced artists alike. Hop on board a champagne fueled Beauty Tour around NYC, schmooze with beauty buffs at a gala dinner party, or immerse yourself in days of beauty education.
The Makeup Show Week, a seven-day celebration, will be filled with over ten unique, events led by some of the top makeup artists in the world. A highlight of the week will be The Makeup Show Gala held on Friday, May 1, where guests can enjoy an exclusive gallery presentation, seated dinner, a special performance and of course drinks and dancing. Rounding out the festivities will be the first ever Beauty Tour NYC on Tuesday, May 5, where participants can grab a glass of bubbly and hop on a bus where they’ll be taken to celebrity makeup artist James Vincent’s favorite beauty haunts in NYC, topped off with an intimate cocktail event at MAKE UP FOR EVER’s Pro studio with the legendary Dany Sanz. The schedule of events for The Makeup Show Week is as follows:
Day 1: Wednesday, April 29th – Hands-on workshops
- Artisanal Beauty with Multidimensional Makeup with Danessa Myricks
- Character Creation Through Makeup Design and Application with Joe Dulude II
- Unconventional Beauty with Danessa Myricks
- Beyond Bridal with Esterique Aidan
- Modern Glamour with Bethany Townes
- Unforgettable Editorial with Orlando Santiago
- New York Groove with James Vincent
- Secrets of My Success: A panel of The Makeup Show Artists – This is complimentary and only open to those taking at least 3 other seminars. Stay late for this session and join some of your favorite artists to share personal stories over a glass of wine.
Day 3: Friday, May 1st — The Makeup Show Gala
- Join The Makeup Show for their 2nd annual ball to celebrate The Makeup Show’s 10 Year Anniversary with a touch of glamour, gorgeous makeup, the spirit of giving, and an opportunity to gather with the makeup community.
Day 4: Saturday, May 2nd — Hands-on workshops
- Saturday is a day for full day hands-on workshops before The Makeup Show.
Day 5 & 6: Sunday, May 3rd and Monday, May 4th — The Makeup Show NYC
- Sunday and Monday The Makeup Show NYC opens doors for full days of beauty, inspiration, and opportunity.
Day 6: Monday, May 4th — The Makeup Show Career Fair
- Following the conclusion of the show, is The Makeup Show Career Fair which is limited to ticket holders of The Makeup Show NYC attending on Monday, May 4.
Day 7: Tuesday, May 5th — Beauty Tour NYC
- Join celebrity makeup artist James Vincent through a champagne fueled ride around Manhattan and make stops along the way at all of this favorite makeup haunts. End the tour with legendary Dany Sanz at MAKE UP FOR EVER’s pro studio.
Amazing right?! Let me know if you’ll be attending any of the festivities! For additional information, hours, and prices of The Makeup Show week, visit www.themakeupshow.com.