I have been a fan of Christian Siriano since he sashayed his way into my heart during the fourth season of Project Runway.
His A/W ‘15 collection was, in a word, fierce.
He presented the new collection on Saturday at ArtBeam. Christian was inspired by the creatures from the Congo Jungle in the Central African Republic. Pieces included sleek burnout wool textured dresses, bold animal printed jacquard coats and liquid panther-like velvet evening outfits. The collection feels luxe and sophisticated but still playful through the ease and fluidity of the silhouettes; elegant, powerful, bold but still romantic for the Christian Siriano woman this season.
I really loved the edgy feel of the beauty look as well. MAC makeup artist Polly Osmond created a 70s inspired makeup design featuring a striking burgundy and yellow eye paired with bare lips and dewy skin.
Leaving no detail unturned, Jamberry Nails collaborated with Christian on a custom hunter green to black ombre nail design evocative of his Congo jungle-inspired collection.
One of the most interesting aspects of the look was the intricate wet-look hair design, executed by Sebastian Professional lead stylist Anthony Cole. If you’re feeling adventurous, I got the scoop on how to get the hair look at home! Here are the steps he took to achieve this look and the products you need:
- Mix 2 parts Sebastian Professional Mousse Forte with 1 part Sebastian Professional Gel Forte.
- Taking 2 inch sections temple to temple from the nape of your neck up, apply the mix to your roots.
- With a flat brush, blow dry the hair back. When reaching the front slightly direct the hair to either side making sure it is still brushed back.
- Spray Sebastian Professional Shine Shaker on hair to create a wet look.
- Take random pieces of hair from the side of the face and apply Sebastian Professional Gel Forte and Sebastian Professional Microweb Fiber to help create waves.
- Apply Sebastian Professional Liquid Steel to keep the waves together and in place.
- Finish with Sebastian Professional Shaper Fierce.