Festival season is upon us! If you are headed out to Coachella this weekend, take these tips from the amazing Charlotte Tilbury. Charlotte is an international makeup artist who has spent decades spent creating unsurpassed beauty looks on famous faces like Kate Moss, Jennifer Lopez, and Rihanna. I am totally with her on all of these recommendations and I’m thrilled that she shared them with me so I can share them with you guys!
The desert setting means dewy, creamy textures work well, rather than powder-based products which can slip off in the heat. These tips from Charlotte will keep you looking gorgeous from Coachella to Governor’s Ball and everywhere in between (like SunFest for the girls in my neck of the woods!). Read on and prepare to get glammed up festival style:
- Coachella is all about fringed crop-tops, and leg-baring denim cut-offs; so make like Gisele and use a moisturizing, gleam-getting, gorgeous illuminator cream to highlight your arms, legs, and décolletage. For the face, mix a high SPF with a light-reflecting illuminator like Tom Ford’s Summer Skin Illuminator for glowing protection. Build up the sheen on temples, cheeks and nose to mimic where the sun would light up the face.
- Create a seductive smoky eye in seconds with a crème eye shadow pen – you can keep it in your shoulder bag. Sweep over the eyelids, smudging outwards and upwards with your finger to create a winged look. For added summer sexiness, smudge underneath the lower lash line too.
- Add a pop of color to bronzed, freckled skin by using a striking stain on the lips – experiment with eye-catching coral, berry and plum tones of Becca’s Beach Tint. Cheat a smattering of freckles by painting them in using a soft, taupe eyeliner.
- Lipstick is your best friend. Vamp up your ethereal maxi-dress with a crimson pout and blend a little color onto the apples of the cheeks for an effortlessly pretty, dewy glow.
- Keep a little stash of pointed Q-tips, some face-wipes (festival is the only acceptable occasion to use these!) and a mini pot of moisturizer in your emergency kit. A Q-tip can help fix a poised feline flick on even the wildest of dance floors.