I’ve had a woman crush on Kate Winslet since she lifted that fierce hat to reveal her face in the beginning of Titanic. You know what I’m talking about.
She earned immediate beauty icon status in my mind from that moment forward. (Fun fact: I was Rose for Halloween in 1997.)
Moral of the story is, I think she’s stunning and she proved that again on the Divergent red carpet at the LA premiere earlier this week.
Her stylist obviously got the memo about the color of the season. Inspired by Kate Winslet’s poppy red dress, makeup artist Jillian Dempsey used a neutral palette to accentuate her natural features for a vibrant look. Lush lashes, a peachy pop of color and glowing skin made the actress radiant on the red carpet.
Here are the Lancome products used to get the look:
- Rénergie Éclat Multi-Lift
- Teint Miracle Foundation
- Blush Subtil in Soft Pink
- Translucence Silky Loose Powder
- Aquatique Waterproof Eyeshadow Base
- New Color Design Eye Brightening All-In-One 5 Shadow & Liner Palette in French Nude
- Définicils High Definition Mascara in Deep Black
- Le Stylo Waterproof EyeLiner in Noir
- Le Crayon Poudre in Natural Blonde
For her hair, celebrity hairstylist Renato Campora gave Kate Winslet sexy yet sophisticated waves that were fun yet still glamorous enough for the red carpet.
Here is his step-by-step breakdown:
- To begin styling, Campora applied John Frieda Luxurious Volume Volume Building Mousse to clean, wet hair.
- Next, he applied John Frieda Luxurious Volume Root Booster Blow Dry Lotion, concentrating on the roots to ensure volume, and blew out her hair.
- When Winslet’s hair was completely dry, Renato used a 1.5 inch curling iron to create voluminous waves that had a beachy, yet defined style.
- After letting her waves cool, he finished the look with John Frieda Luxurious Volume All Day Hold Hairspray to ensure her gorgeous waves maintained volume.