One thing is for sure – glam waves were prevalent on the Emmys Red Carpet last night. Allison Williams, Christina Hendricks, and Taylor Schilling all wore wavy ‘dos, but my fav waves of the night were Rose Byrne’s. The Insidious star owned this soft romantic look, created by John Frieda International Creative Consultant Harry Josh.
Inspired by an image of Bianca Jagger from the late 70’s/early 80’s, Josh gave Rose Byrne a modern and polished version of the wild waves. Read on to find out out to copy her coif!
Step 1 – Prep
- Josh began by applying Frizz-Ease Hair Serum Original Formula ($9.99) to Rose’s wet hair. “Rose’s recent transformation from brunette to blonde was a drastic change for the hair, which can often cause more frizz and overall unruliness, so it was crucial that we start with this serum for better manageability,” said Josh.
- Next, in order to add texture to prep the hair for the waves, Josh applied Frizz-Ease Curl Reviver Styling Mousse ($6.99) throughout in order to create the texture needed for the waves, and blow-dried using his Pro Tools Pro Dryer 2000 ($300), using the wider nozzle to help build volume.
Step 2 – Style
- Josh wrapped hair in Velcro rollers and allowed hair to set for 30 minutes.
- Then, using a curling iron with a ¾ inch barrel, wrapped ¼ inch sections of hair around the iron horizontally and in the same direction and pinned each curl with a duckbill clip to set.
Step 3 – Perfect
- To finish, Josh let the waves down and flipped them over to mist Frizz-Ease Moisture Barrier Firm Hold Hairspray ($5.99) in order to ensure the style looked perfect all night long.