Josie Feria, Spa Director at the Fontainebleau’s Lapis Spa in Miami Beach, knows a thing or two about spa treatments. After three decades of experience as an expert in multiple areas of the beauty industry, she is currently the mastermind behind every detail of the luxurious sanctuary that is the Lapis Spa. Lapis encourages guests to experience different “water journeys,” designed by Feria, that include the Elements Rain Tunnel, the Bleau Rain Room, and the mineral pool.
Just in time to start prepping your skin for summer, Josie shared with me how to bring the experience of the Lapis Spa to your home with these copycat exfoliating treatments. Each recipe simulates a service on their extensive spa menu… and each one is effortlessly attainable with ingredients you probably have in your pantry right now. Want to transform your bathroom into a Miami style spa oasis? Read on for step-by-step instructions from Josie and get your spa on!
Pre-Summer Body Exfoliation (simulates Spalicious Body Scrub)
Skin softening natural all body exfoliating treatment
• Ingredients: ½ cup olive oil, ¾ cup fine sea salt and drops of your favorite aromatherapy oil. Keep in mind the oil selected should be specific to treatment goal – citrus is energizing – lavender relaxing – peppermint stimulating.
• Place all items in a bowl and blend together.
• Next, step into the shower and moisten the body – apply the blend by hand in circular motion or for increased exfoliation apply with loofah mitt or body brush.
• Rinse off thoroughly. Skin will feel smooth and soft and supple. For further hydration, apply body lotion directly to moist skin.
Pre-Summer Facial for Extra Dry Skin
Skin softening avocado mask for combination or dry skin
• Ingredients: ½ avocado, 1 egg, 1 tablespoon of plain yogurt, 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and 1 teaspoon of baking soda. The avocado and coconut oils work as an instant skin softener as the baking soda works as a mild exfoliator.
• Place all items in bowl and blend well together.
• Apply the mixture to your face and leave on for 10-15 minutes.
• Rinse off with warm water.
Foot Scrub for Dry Feet and Heels (simulates Foot Rehab Pedicure)
• Begin by soaking feet in ¼ cup baking soda to reduce inflammation and cleanse feet thoroughly for 10 minutes.
• Using a wet pumice stone rub heels thoroughly yet gently to remove dry callous.
• Next, apply coconut oil to feet.
• Finally, wrap feet in plastic and cover with soft socks for 30 minutes. The plastic and warmth will help the oil to soften the skin.
[P.S. Don’t forget to vote for me, Katie McBroom, to help me become Allure Magazine’s Beauty Blogger of the Year! You can vote every weekday. Each week a new challenge will be posted on Monday at 9 a.m. It would mean the world to me if you could take a minute to do this! Remember, by voting for me you become eligible to win awesome prizes like a trip for two to Hawaii!]